Answering the President’s Call:
A Year in Review: The National Partnership for Student Success
We are thrilled to release our Year in Review Brief outlining key progress made in our first year.
The National Partnership for Student Success was launched in July 2022 following a call to action from the Biden-Harris Administration for more Americans to serve as tutors, mentors, college/career advisors, student success coaches, and integrated student support coordinators to provide young people with supportive learning environments and experiences that will support them to recover from the impacts of the pandemic and thrive.
This year, the NPSS has helped to answer the President’s call by:
- mobilizing a national effort at local, state, and federal levels,
- increasing the number of states connecting more evidence-based and people-powered supports to students, and
- growing the NPSS coalition to over 140 supporting champion organizations committed to working together to get more people-powered student supports to young people in communities nationwide.
To learn more about the first-year accomplishments of the National Partnership for Student Success, click the link below to read Answering the President’s Call: A Year in Review Brief in full.
There is still a lot of work to do to meet the President’s call to action and support our nation’s students to recover from the impacts of the pandemic and thrive.
- Join the NPSS coalition and subscribe to our newsletter. You can become a supporting champion, provide input via a focus group, and/or share promising practices.
- Search for volunteer opportunities in your community through the NPSS x Ready Set microsite, or post open volunteer positions on this site via VolunteerMatch or MENTOR’s Mentoring Connector.
- Request technical assistance to implement, expand, or improve high-impact student supports in your community, state, or region.
- Learn about crucial elements of program quality for tutoring, mentoring, student success coaching, post-secondary transition coaching, and wraparound/integrated student support coordination through the NPSS Voluntary Quality Standards. Consider integrating these components into new or existing programs and quality improvement efforts or using these voluntary standards to consider potential partners and support providers.
- Learn about key steps to start a state partnership for student successand consider building on existing work in your state to coordinate the provision of high-impact student supports.
- Learn about guidance for district leaders on designing or partnering with programs to deliver high-quality people-powered supports to students through the NPSS Hub’s District Partnership Toolkit.
- Learn about how programs support the development of service-to-educator pipelines around the country by placing people in tutoring, success coaching, and other NPSS-aligned roles.
- Learn how high-impact student support roles can help address the impacts of lost instructional time.
Reference to any non-U.S. government organization, event or product does not constitute an endorsement, recommendation or favoring of that organization, event or product and is strictly for the information and convenience of the public.
This website is developed and maintained by the Everyone Graduates Center at Johns Hopkins University for the National Partnership for Student Success.